30 September 2016

Charlie Dawn: ONE YEAR OLD

Our sweet Charlie girl, how are you possibly one year old already? I swear I blinked and now it's your birthday! You have fit perfectly into our family, and I cannot even remember what it was like not being a family of four. 

I've been trying to soak up every last minute of my last baby being a baby. You really aren't a baby anymore. You are a toddler, stumbling all over the place. It makes me so happy to see you growing and learning but in the same breath, sad that the time is going by so quickly and my baby isn't much of a baby. Bittersweet, for sure. 


Charlie is full on walking now, and she keeps up quite well with Palmer. She follows her back and forth from room to room, watching what she is doing. In one sense, I love that she is walking, but on the other hand, she doesn't want to sit with me and cuddle anymore. She is just far too busy for that. 

Charlie is always busy waving, or "talking" and doing something new. She likes to copy everything Palmer does. Palmer has actually taught her many things. She is always trying to teach her new words and sounds, and its so cute to watch. Palmer loves that Charlie pays so much attention to her, and Charlie loves doing anything Palmer is doing!

Sleeping is getting a little better. We started hardcore sleep training last week, meaning, cry it out. There was very little sleep had by anyone but Palmer for a while, but I am hoping its all worth it soon. Sleep is by far, the hardest part about Charlie. She goes down fine, but often wakes around 1am and doesn't like to go back to sleep. It might not be so bad if her bedroom wasn't right across the hallway from ours!


Charlie had a viral bug a couple weeks ago, so I am partly blaming that for her poor sleeping as of late. It really took a toll on everyone, when we all got sick.  Charlie is finally back to acting and eating like her usual self; happy and eating everything in site. Girlfriend is a pro at finding old cheerios in the corners of the kitchen. I'm almost convinced she hides them there for snacking later. 

Charlie has seemed to adjust well to me going back to work. We have had family watching the girls for us this past month, and the girls will be starting at the day home next week. They have gone for practice days, and it seems to be a good fit for everyone, which is a relief because Charlie is still a mama suck. 

We attempted a cake smash a few weeks back, and to my surprise, Charlie wasn't having much to do with it. Maybe it was my bad baking??? At least the photos turned out kinda cute. 









Happy ONE, sweet girl! We love you!!  We can't wait to watch you grow and learn more, and become the sweetest little babe! XO

No comments :

Post a Comment