10 March 2016

The Girls Have Been Sick, So I Made a List

I have always been an active individual. I grew up playing sports; soccer for many years, including University level soccer, volleyball and basketball in high school, running races, etc. But, after university, working out sort of went in ebbs and flows. I worked out, I got pregnant and it tapered off. I tried working out again, but life with a little one was hectic. I finally got into a good routine of working out about 4 times a week, which I think is a really good amount of times.

This past week, I haven't really had a chance to make it to they gym, with both girls being sick all week. I got in a run and one night of core work at home, but it really got me thinking about working out and why I do it. So, I made my "top 5 reasons I workout" list:



1. It's my ME time. Life is crazy. Life with two little ones is especially crazy. Getting to the gym or out for a run is my time for me. Its my time to unwind from the craziness that is two small children. It is time for me to do something for myself. Whether its a gym workout or running with both girls sleeping in the stroller, its my time dedicated to me.


2. To feel good about myself.  Like I said, my workouts have gone in ebbs and flows. I can tell the weeks I don't workout, or don't workout as often as I should. I feel sluggish and blah. When I workout, I feel strong and more energetic and I quite simply, just look and feel better! I am now 5 months post baby and I feel great.

3. To keep up good health. We truly don't get sick in this family too often. The girls have been sick all this week, but before that, Charlie never, and Palmer very rarely. I don't remember the last time I was sick either (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing myself here). I know that keeping strong and being active is a huge contributor to this! 

4. Its fun! I was recently invited to join a friend for BodyPump at GoodLife Fitness and have been to a few more classes since. I love it. Working out with friends in a fun, energetic environment is amazing. There is a little friendly competition going on, and I always feel like I get a great workout in.


5. To be the best role model for my girls I can be. I want to show my girls that staying active is fun. I want them to see that exercise is a lifestyle; one that requires dedication, but is so worth it. I want them to aspire to be healthy young women, and by showing them early on, I hope that it comes natural to them. I envision us being a family that hikes, and bikes, and does all these fun, healthy, family activities, so showing them to stay active early is important to me.


*Disclosure: This post was written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program

No comments :

Post a Comment