20 January 2016

Palmer Turns THREE!

Palmer Madeline Lowe. Wow. Today you are three. Where do I even begin? I can't believe three years have gone by already. These past three years have been, without a doubt, the best of our lives. You brighten every day and amaze us with something new constantly. 



You are never shy in the cuddle department. You will give hugs, kisses and snuggles to Mommy, Daddy, and Charlie all day long if you could. And you always ask for extra cuddles at bedtime, which we happily give you. And the way you love your sister makes my heart burst. You are the kindest, most caring big sister and I can see in your eyes how much you love Charlie. The way she smiles back at you makes you so happy. It's everything my mommy heart could ask for!

Your imagination is wild. I could watch you play and imagine all day long. The story's you come up with make us laugh. Your facial expressions and hand gestures are the best. They add so much depth to what you're saying. Some days, I just watch you and think about how amazing you really are.



At times, you are shy, but mostly, you are outgoing. You will try just about anything and usually want to do it by yourself, little Miss Independent. You are so smart and pick things up so quickly. You have been reciting your ABC's for a year and you can count to fourteen. You are able to identify every letter and every number (0-9). I have been working on teaching you to spell and write your name. It's challenging at times, mostly because you are so busy, you don't want to sit long enough for me to explain.

Your vocabulary is outstanding. Sometimes, you say words I didn't even know you knew. My favorite saying of yours lately is "It happens," as you shrug your shoulders, as if what happened isn't a big deal at all (it's usually nothing, like spilling a cup of water)



You love to be outside, whether playing at the park, taking Leaf for a walk, or helping to shovel the snow. You are so active and are always go go go! You have stopped napping (since August) but if we are in the car anytime in the afternoon, chances are you will fall asleep, so I know you still need your naps. I tried to implement "rest time" but you often boycott that too. So, for now, quiet time in the afternoon usually consists of watching one of your favorite shows, these days its Paw Patrol, Bubble Guppies, and Super Why.




You love to be my big helper. Lately, you've been asking to help cook supper, which I happily accept. However, when it comes to eating supper, you aren't always so eager. Meal times can be challenging some days; its not that you are picky, its just that you are three. You are growing and healthy, so I know you are fine. You use to dislike trying new things (maybe a habit you picked up from Daddy), but on an episode of Daniel Tiger, you learned the song "you gotta try new food 'cuz it might taste good," and now you are willing to try anything once.


Happy third birthday, my sweet girl. I am so lucky to be your mom and spend my days with you. You are the sunshine in our days and we can't imagine our lives without you in it. 

We love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment