4 June 2015

Wives Tales Gender Prediction Fun

Just for fun, I thought I would try out some of these old Wives Tales to predict the gender of Baby Lowe #2.



FETAL HEART RATE
They say you will have a girl if the baby's heart rate is higher than 140bpm, and a boy if it is less.
Predicted GIRL


RING SWING
Tie your wedding ring to a piece of string and hold it about 12 inches over your belly. If it swings in a circle, its a boy, and if it goes back and forth, its a girl. (There are conflicting theories to this one, some say it this way and some say it opposite. I went with this one because it was the first one I read)
Predicted BOY


CHINESE GENDER CALENDAR
Predicted BOY


MORNING SICKNESS
If you are having little to mild morning sickness, its predicted you are having a boy. Severe morning sickness means a girl.

This one was tricky for me to answer. My nausea was worse than it was last pregnancy, however, I would not call is severe.
Predicted BOY


CARRYING HIGH VS LOW
The old wives tales says that if you are carrying high, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low, it's a boy.

This one was hard for me to tell, but I think it's low?!
Predicted BOY


PREFERRED SLEEPING SIDE
If you usually sleep on your left side, they say you'll have a boy, and if on your right, a girl

Predicted BOY


CRAVINGS
They say sweet and fruity cravings mean a girl and salty cravings mean a boy. 

I definitely have a sweet craving. The odd time I'll really want some chips, but its mostly fruit and sugar candies!
Predicted GIRL


SKIN CONDITION
They say a girl will steal your beauty, so if you're breaking out more its a girl. If your skin is smooth and "glowing" it will be a boy.

I haven't broken out at all, and my skin is pretty smooth for the most part during this pregnancy.
Predicted BOY


NECKLACE OVER HAND TEST
Take a necklace with a pendant on it and hang it over your hand, palm up. This test is suppose to show the genders of all your children. If it swings in a circle, it means girl, and in a line (up and down, side to side or diagonal) it means boy. 

Mine started off in a circle (for first born Palmer) and ended swinging diagonally (new baby)
Predicted BOY


So, according to all these old wives tales, I am having a boy. I guess we will find out soon enough!
I have my guess, but I'm going to keep that quite for awhile.
What do you think I am having??

No comments :

Post a Comment