15 May 2015

That Friday Post

Well, it seems as though I am kind of back on track with this stuff. Now that I am not beyond exhausted every second of the day, I am loving getting back to reading and catching up on all my favorite blogs. So, when you see an influx of comments from me, that is why! 


one
Today marks 17 weeks into this pregnancy! I cannot believe how quickly this is going by. We are almost at the half way point and we couldn't be more excited! We have our 20 week ultrasound booked for June 12, but I am still unsure if I want to find out the gender or not. I like the idea of a surprise, but the planner in me wants to get things organized! We have buckets upon buckets of baby girl clothes that I need to sort through. 

two
We transitioned Palmer to a big girl bed this week, and I am surprised with how well it has gone. She's been sleeping through the night, and nap times were a breeze! Girlfriend doesn't seem to know she can get out of it herself! The other morning I woke up to, "Mommy! Mommy? Good morning!!!" We ended up just using a spare bed we had rather than buying a new one. We have plans to use chalk paint to match the dresser and make it look like her princess bed!

three 
The forecast for the next few days is calling for rain again, which I am OK with for a few reasons. I love the smell of rain in the spring, and I love that it makes everything green and fresh. I also love the fact that when I am on nights, like I am this weekend, sleeping during a gloomy day is much easier. Palmer and I were out for our daily walk to the mail box and enjoyed puddle jumping and counting all the earthworms on the sidewalk. She liked them from afar but was pretty cautious about getting too close!

four
I have been searching for new baby things; mostly nursery items and ideas. I am getting excited to start getting everything together. I am hoping to find a paint colour soon and get that started. I have been browsing Amazon too for cute items. I am hoping to do this nursery on a small budget, so I've been browsing Pinterest for ideas on DIY! 

five
  I have been searching for landscaping ideas because our yard is pretty basic right now. All we have is grass in the back yard. It needs some sprucing up, especially since we will be outside a lot more in the summers to come, playing with the kids!  I would LOVE to have a garden but I'm afraid the dog would get into it and eat it all! I think I might do a little planter of some fresh herbs and definitely get some flowers planted. Anyone have ideas for someone who's not the best at keeping plants alive?!? I'd love to hear your ideas!!




That's all for me today, folks!! 
Happy weekending!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment