12 May 2015

Bump-Date: 16 Weeks

First off, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for all the support and kind words on the announcement of our Baby #2. We are over the moon excited! You can see our announcement post here.

 Many people ask me if Palmer understands what is going on or not. Definitely not. We can ask her "Where is baby?" Sometimes she will answer "in Mommy's tummy." other times she will lift up her shirt and point to her own belly. And when we ask her "Do you want a baby" she more often than not, replies with "no." Oh boy. She will be in for a surprise. 




HOW FAR ALONG: 16 weeks (on Friday May 8)

ABOUT BABY:  They say baby is now the size of an avocado (approx 4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces). At my last Dr appointment, baby's heartbeat was 160bpm. Our 20 week ultrasound is booked for June 12. 

SLEEP: I have been sleeping well. I have passed the point of complete and utter exhaustion and am into my normal exhaustion mode again. Working fulltime and chasing after a 2 year old is no easy feat when you are growing a little human inside you! The first 14 weeks were so beyond tiring, I can't even begin to describe it. I was going to bed just after Palmer went down. I was napping when Palmer napped, and sometimes, on days off, even snuck in a morning nap! 

SICK OR QUEASY: This time around has been much worse than when I was pregnant with Palmer. I am still having days of just feeling really blah. There were many days early on that I felt horrible and laid on the couch as much as I could. Even still, there are many days after work that I just feel kinda crappy. I am really hoping this passes soon so I can enjoy all this beautiful weather! The two worst things during the day though, are brushing my teeth and taking my prenatal vitamin. I gag every. single. time. and it is so horrible. 

MOVEMENT: Yes! I have been feeling little flutters going on in there since about 13.5 weeks. Definitely feeling baby much sooner than last time. Baby is most active around supper time and in the early evening!

CRAVINGS: Not too much. More so having aversions than cravings of any sort. 

OTHER STUFF:  I am already starting to have my rib bother me again. It started popping out when I was pregnant with Palmer, and I had no idea what it was. Now that I know, I have been going in to get it popped back in, almost on a regular basis now. I'm also having some pelvic girdle pain that comes and goes. Oh the joys! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment