22 July 2014

Vega Sport Review

I'm not sure that too many of you know, but I am a #SweatPink Ambassador. Its a great group of women encouraging each other through online support and sharing their love and passion for sport and fitness. Go check them out!

Through my Sweat Pink team, I was able to sign up for this free product, Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer pre-workout powder as part of their #fuelyourbetter campaign. After receiving this product, my job was to use it in my daily activity and provide a review here on my blog, then of course, spread the word of Vega Sport and their products.


ABOUT THE PRODUCT:

According to the package, these sugar-free energizers are used for workout preparation. They are meant to "increase energy, endurance and mental focus."

"Vega Sport is the first all-natural, plant-based performance enhancement system specifically developed to help athletes perform at their best - before, during, and after training and competition. Vega Sport products are plant-based, dairy, gluten, and soy free and contain no artificial flavours, colours, or sweeteners".

Right away, this catches my attention. So many of the other workout supplements out there are not made from natural substances so immediately, I am more drawn towards the natural.

I believe the dairy, gluten and soy free aspects of Vega Sport products will appeal to many different users. There are many individuals out there with allergies and intolerances, so this product reaches a broad range of people. I don't have intolerances to any of these, so it didn't make or break it for me.
Nutritional Values as taken from Vega Sport website

I have mostly used my Vega Sport SFE for runs or a run followed by a light strength training workout. The instructions state drink the product 20 min before low intensity or short duration (less than 1 hour) physical activity. I did find that giving it 30-45 minutes had a better effect on me.

PACKAGING: I love the convenience of the individual packages provided to me. (There is the option of a multi-use tin) Many of the other preworkout products I've seen our there are only available in one large container and you must scoop out your individual serving each time you use it. These ones fit easily into your purse, gym bag, pocket, etc. Love this.

TASTE: I have to say my flavour, Acai Berry, wasn't the greatest. I couldn't tell if it was the Acai Berry flavour itself (as I'm not really familiar with it) or the sugar-free aspect (you know how sugar-free sometimes tastes??), but there was just a slightly bad aftertaste left in my mouth after each sip. My husband tasted it and said it wasn't bad, so it could have just been me. I could have done with the other flavour, Lemon-Lime.

ENERGY: Since I have never used a preworkout supplement of any sort, I really have nothing to compare these to in that aspect other than coffee and energy drinks.

In my experience, drinking the product about 30 minutes before I began my run gave me better energy. It was a more subtle energy than that of coffee. I noticed I was able to run for a longer period of time, and a few times, I was able to keep a quicker split pace throughout my run. On one of my 5km runs, I was even able to break the 5min/km barrier for my whole last km. And as an added bonus, I found my legs weren't as tired as they normally would have been!



I have to say, I feel like I was able to hold my energy for longer throughout the day too. One negative I found though (only through fault of my own) was that because I often have to do my runs in the evening (often after 8pm), it kept me up later into the night, so for my future use, I will be taking it earlier.

I would even consider taking this in the morning before going to work, instead of coffee, as by the end of a busy shift as a Registered Nurse, my legs are often sore and my body tired.

OVERALL: Overall, aside from the slightly bad aftertaste I had, I would have to say these are a good product. The all-natural aspect of it is appealing. The energy level I was able to obtain after drinking the Vega Sport Sugar Free Energizer was adequate to get me through the workout and lasted throughout the day. I felt as though recovery from my runs were better after taking this product. I would definitely take this product again (maybe testing out the Lemon-Lime) to #fuelyourbetter.

TO READ MORE REVIEWS AND SEE MORE PRODUCTS, USE THE HASHTAGS:
#fuelyourbetter #vegasport #vegafueled

TWITTER: @VegaTeam
INSTAGRAM: vega_team

How do you #fuelyourbetter???

Thank you Vega Sport and the Sweat Pink team for allowing me to be a part of these product reviews!


 post signature
NOTE: This is a personal blog.  I was given this product for free in return for a product review on this blog. The opinions expressed in this blog are honest and represent my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment