8 July 2014

Sunshine Award

I will start by thanking Rosy//A Joyful Kind of Life for nominating me and my blog for a Sunshine Award. I think it's so nice for these sorts of posts to make their way around the blogging world, encouraging and recognizing other blogs! 
Here are the Sunshine Award Rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger than nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award
- Write 11 questions for those bloggers to answer
- Notify the 11 bloggers they have been nominated.


11 Random Facts about me:
1. I'm an Aquarius. So is my daughter - her birthday is 2 days before mine.
2. I'm a nurse and I love my job.
3. My guilty pleasure is 5 cent candies. I could eat them all the time (besides the fact they are packed full of sugar and make me feel sick when I eat too many)
4. I enjoy reading, but I just can't find the time to do it! And, I need to find the perfect book. Any suggestions?
5. I'd love to go to Hawaii someday.
6. I love a great deal! Like my 97 cent jeans!
7. I'm always on the hunt for a new great "pump up" song. Ideas?
8. I don't love running - I do it because its easy and cheap, and my dog needs to run!
9. I love watching Big Brother - not sure why. Cheesy, no-brain-needed TV I guess???
10. An nice cold glass of water is my ultimate drink! Can never go wrong with ice water; so refreshing.
11. I should be cleaning my house instead of writing this post right now. 

Rosy's Questions:
1. Why did you choose your bog name?
Crazily Normal was not my original blog title. I changed it after a couple of months. You can read about that here.

2. Do you have any fur-children? or Real human children?
Yes. I have one of each. Leaf is our fur-child and our first baby. He is a 5.5 years old, 110lb black lab and the biggest suck in the world. Then there is Palmer, our sweet little girl. She is almost 18 months old. You can read more about her here, here, and here (and of course, there are about 100 other posts about her, so browse around!)!

3. How long does it take you to get ready on an average morning?
It really depends on the day. When I am working days, I typically get everything ready the night before. I pack lunches and Palmer's bag so its all ready to go. My alarm is set for 5:40, I get myself ready and eat breakfast and make a coffee for the road. About 6:18, I wake Palmer, change her diaper, and I aim to be out the door at 6:25 to get to the dayhome by 6:30. 

On any other day, we lay around in our jammies for awhile, so there is no time frame for us getting ready!

4. What is your favorite breakfast food?
I love a nice big breakfast. I could eat breakfast for any meal. Some yummy bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast with peanut butter and honey; can't be beat! My favorite is when we go out as a family for breakfast to a great place in town! YUM!

5. Are you a breakfast, lunch, or dinner kind of person?
Well, like I mentioned above, I love breakfast for any meal of the day. However, on a normal day, my breakfast isn't that exciting. So, on the average day, I look forward to dinner the most, for a few reasons. Its usually the most planned out meal, and I look forward to enjoying supper with Mitch and Palmer. It really is our family time during the week.

6. Describe your favorite spot in your house.
Its not a very specific spot, but I love being in our great room (open kitchen, living room, dining room.) I like it because we can all be doing something different, but all still be together. I can be making supper, while Palmer and Mitch read on the couch. Or Palmer will be watching bubble guppies while I get a few other things done. Or, its a great place for us all to cuddle on the couch and spend family time. Its the room(s) where we spend the most amount of time. 

7. What are your favorite candle scents?
Right now I am obsessed with Marshmallow Fireside from BBW. I love this smell. I cannot wait for the fall scents to come back!

8. What are you currently obsessed with?
Well, I am always on the hunt for great new decor for the house. We have lived here for 18 months and there is still a lot of decorating to be done, so I want to start working on that. There are some ideas I have here and here. I have also started my hunt for some great picture frames for a gallery wall!

9. Are you a selfie kind of person or would you rather be the one behind the lens?
I love taking photos of my sweet Palmer, and I like taking selfies of me and her, but I do wish that we had more good photos of us and our family. I am often the one behind the camera, which is great, but I would like to be in the photos too! :)

10. What are your favorite kind of blog posts?
I love posts from the heart. I love hearing about peoples experiences and feelings. I also love blog posts that have been written well and adding in humor is a bonus!

11. Do you watch beauty videos on youtube? 
Nope. I don't. The only youtube videos I watch are Bubble Guppies and Sesame Street!


Blogs I've Nominated:
Sara // Running From the Law
Jessica // I Love You Rhinos
Kaella // Kaella On The Run
Courtney // A + Life
Meagan // Beautiful Things
Cait // Home Sweet Ruby
Alisha // Alisha's Anecdotes
Annie // Home of Malones
Kelsey // Pardon My French



My Questions:
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
2. What motivates you to blog?
3. What is the biggest challenge you face daily?
4. What is your favorite social media platform? Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc
5. What is your favorite blog post you've written? Provide a link.
6. What do you like most about blogging?
7. What is your perfect weekend?
8. Whats your favorite iPhone (or other smart phone/device) app??
9. What is your favorite song?
10. What are your top 3 things you want to do this summer?
11. What is your favorite accessory (purse, jewellry, etc)?

If I have nominated your and you choose to participate, don't forget to somehow let me know so I can go and read them!!! Please don't feel obligated to answer my questions! But I'd love to read your answers if you did!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment