25 June 2014

Yay For A Week Off!

Yesterday at 3:15 pm marked the beginning of a nice stretch of days off of work. I don't have to go back again until Tuesday - when you work full time, 6 full days off is nice! Palmer and I will spend our time outside, enjoying the beautiful summer weather, hit up a park or two, maybe even the splash park. We will meet up with some little friends and enjoy the sunshine and watch the kiddos play.

M y next 6 days will consist of this....

Unfortunately, Mitch still has to work but he does have the weekend off, so I'm hoping to get in some quality family time then. Last weekend, he was working all night Friday and the whole entire day on Saturday. He left the house at 4:30 am and got home from work after midnight; 19.5 hours of work!! So Saturday was shot. Then Sunday I had to work at 3 (as a traded shift to get my needed time off), so we didn't get any time together as the 3 of us.

...this...
I'm hoping with this nice weather we can get out for a bike ride, or go to get ice cream, or just a nice family-of-4 walk. I would even like to have a little date night, just Mitch and I - it seems like the time we have had together lately is few and far between. After not seeing each others faces for more than an hour last weekend, and both of us working full time, a nice little dinner together with a fun summer activity would be fun!

What do you like to do with your days off in the summer?? What do you do for a date night?

Our days off have already started out well! I was up at 8:30 while sweet Little Palmer continued to sleep. Its a good day when your little sleeps in past her usual 7am! Little things like this just make my day!

and hopefully this...

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment