1 June 2014

Hello June

I cannot believe how fast May flew by! The good news though, is that June, more often than not, stays warm (not often coming with snow like May sometimes does).


With this new month, I want to be able to be a little bit more organized in our meal planning. We are a busy family (as I'm sure all of you are too); with Mitch and I both working full time, Palmer at the dayhome most days, spending some much needed outdoor time together and getting Leaf out for a couple walks a day, meal planning and cooking is the last thing on my mind.
Daddy doesn't like his picture being taken!
 It has actually been a little easier since Mitch has started his new job simply because the only meal we really have to worry about is supper, other than on the weekends and days off.

My June plan, is to sit down every Sunday, think about what groceries we have and plan out meals for the week. Ideally, I would like to only do one Costco shop every month, and do a 15% Tuesday shop, with just having to pick up a few things maybe once a week, like fresh produce and milk.

I know this menu planning might be hard to stick to for awhile, but I know it will save money, time and be much easier for our family. Who doesn't hate coming home from work and trying to figure out what to make for supper. I'd much rather be looking at this face!!!

And, with this new month and wanting to enjoy the outdoors, I think there will be a lot of BBQing going on! I'd like to also use the slow cooker about once a week - definitely saves time, and its nice to come home
to supper already cooked for you!

Does anyone have any good BBQ recipes?? How about for the slow cooker??

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment